Friday, April 16, 2010

The Celebrity Connection: Mickey Rourke

Mickey Rourke is such a strange man that it's always surprising to rediscover just what a great actor he is. And once upon a time, he looked like something that could possible resemble a sex symbol. Today he looks like he's about two or three steps from ending up in the ICU (I always wake up expecting to see headlines that say Mickey Rourke: 1952-2010), but in the 80s he was a hot commodity. I was watching St. Elmo's Fire tonight which was also a staple of the 80s (like The Breakfast Club after graduation) and noticed something peculiar. Check it out:
Could Judd Nelson just be Mickey Rourke in disguise? You decide.

4 comments:

  1. Yes.

    (the only thing I've like Mickey in pre-facepalm is Rumble Fish)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What about Baryfly? I think that may be my favourite performance of his.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, try to check out Judd Nelson from St. Elmo's Fire and compare it to Stanley Tucci. I kept wondering through that whole film, of who it actually was.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I never thought of that but that's a good one. I think Bruce Willis in his hair days could also fit in here somewhere.

    ReplyDelete